Vitamin C Protects Against Sun Damage
- Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect healthy skin cells by “giving” these free radicals an electron, rendering them harmless.
- For this reason, some people apply it in the morning in order to take advantage of its UV-protectant properties, while others find that it works best as a night serum.
- Choosing to apply it day or night is completely your choice.
How To Use Vitamin C Serum
- Vitamin C serum is typically applied once or twice per day. A good rule of thumb is to cleanse, tone, apply vitamin C serum, and then moisturize.
- It can be safely used in conjunction with other active ingredients, although use alongside niacinamide may render vitamin C less effective.
We recommend that you do a patch test to assessment on your skin for any allergic reaction. Here’s how:
- Select a small area of skin that’s easy to conceal, like your forearm.
- Apply a small amount of product and wait 24 hours.
- If no side effects occur, you can apply them to your face. Discontinue use if you develop a rash, redness, or hives.
- When it’s time for a full application, follow the instructions on the product’s label.
- Vitamin C is one of the most popular serums used for a good reason! This serum will eventually help heal blemishes, reduce hyperpigmentation, and give your skin an out-of-this-world glow!
- Remember that consistency is key to achieving optimal results. The advantage of this serum is that you may add it to your routine in a way that makes sense for you.
Don't just eat your Vitamin C... Incorporate it into your skincare regime for an overall glow!